PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aircraft Crash in Moscow
View Single Post
Old 1st Feb 2013, 13:53
Kulverstukas

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The state air transport agency Rosaviation said it was suspending Red Wings operations.

"Red Wings is experiencing a deficit of financial resources to ensure the current operations," Rosaviation said following a probe into the airline after the December 29 crash.

... the probe had exposed "numerous significant violations in the organisation of flights, technical maintenance of aircraft, training of pilots and other shortcomings."

The flights will be suspended from Monday, Feb 4, said the statement, encouraging those who were set to fly with the company in the near future to return the tickets.
Owner said that company will not operate again even if suspension will be lifted. He again begin his old song about "Putin's hairy hand".

Lebedev whose company operates a fleet of modern Tu-204 jets said the state watchdog was suspending the company's operations without a reason.

"Russian officials decided that the Tu-204 is dangerous and because we are the only company to fly Tu-204 planes (lie! ) they decided to suspend us and not the plane type ," he told AFP.
PS: As we can see, it is airline that is grounded, not aircraft.

UPD: Lebedev refuted the statement that necessarily closes airline. "I did not say that. I said that this is a possible option. I will decide based on the situation. I will talk to all members of the government, I do only with the Minister of Transport said, and then we will make sensible and informed decision."

Last edited by Kulverstukas; 1st Feb 2013 at 14:03.