PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - New Falklands War Brewing
View Single Post
Old 1st Feb 2013, 12:13
Nimbus20

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Immigration rules - not fair

I seem to recall that North Korea's immigration rules are fairly draconian too, Keejie. What do you propose should be done about that?

However, I am massively amused that you cite the BBC as a mouthpiece of colonialist, oppressive policy. In the UK, at least, the BBC is widely ridiculed for being "pink and fluffy" and frequently opposes the govertmental line. While you are at complete liberty to challenge my claimed independence of the BBC, for me - it's a perverse justification of the position.

Now Moluccan independance and the Nl position - I seem to recall that was a REAL example of a colonial power refusing to accept the peoples' right to self-determination....and quite recently too (so we can avoid thread creep as to how it's all the fault of the Romans in Gaul, or whatever).

My fear is that the south American colonial power in now-Argentina would exhibit a similar attitude to their "inconvenient" subjugated peoples.

Most grateful for your views (but dont go on for ages about why Molucca was different, please).