PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BIRMINGHAM - 6
Thread: BIRMINGHAM - 6
View Single Post
Old 1st Feb 2013, 08:42
GayFriendly

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2013 @ BHX

Thanks for your 2013 summary and updates, as ever very informative. I really feel some positivity in the air at BHX this year for scheduled flights, yes as has been debated before, there are gaps in European destinations but it's good to see capacity growth on key routes (I forgot to mention TK now at 10 weekly in my previous post) and you never know there could still be more announcements for summer, although getting more unlikely as time marches on. Shame about TS but at least they still fly to BHX, although consolidating to just LGW, MAN and GLA must be something they (Canadian Affair) are thinking about unless they up BHX frequency, i'm sure it was 2 weekly a few years ago?

So, 40 night stop aircraft, impressive. I have counted 84 scheduled destinations from BHX this summer (high season Jun-Sep) which is the highest number served since 2008 when there were 90 (this of course was FR base launch year and when WW had 8 based units). Compared to last year we have lost LIS, PRG, DND, BUD but of course have gained LYS, TLS, SPU, BOD and GOT (this could have operated last summer, I can't remember!)

I am hanging on for BM to release their schedules for LYS to see how they stack up against BE, would like to fly both! It's a great city for a weekend away with amazing food and normally it's hot and sunny over the summer.

EI are up to something? I wonder if there could be a new destination (for them) on the cards? BHD? Kerry? Or a head to head with FR on the DUB route?