PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - C310 Vs B58
Thread: C310 Vs B58
View Single Post
Old 1st Feb 2013, 07:45
Wally Mk2

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Bit like Holden V Ford, both do the same task at the end of the day. Same donks (Similar) same seat No's. I've flown & worked on both, the Baron is built like a tank, the Cessna feels plastic & just doesn't seem to have the same quality about it.
Baron has odd engine management controls, not conventional (accept very late models) so I always found from a pilots POV awkward, personal choice there.
Access wise the Baron beats the Cessna hands down.

Never did like the tip tanks being the main tanks on the Cessna with the continuous operating fuel pumps sharing the same circuit breakers as the Ldg Light motors if I recall.Bit of an odd fuel management system to I think. 1hr out of the mains (Tips) b4 you could use the wing tanks due return fuel???....anyone?
That may not be entirely correct as it has been many years since I flew them so perhaps someone in the know could enlighten me on that.
I used to fly the first Q model 310 that had no Omni vision window, flew straight & fast, an Ex Hazo's job.
'Corv' as far as yr original Q I can't help but it did give me a chance to go back & reminisce thanks:-)

Wmk2