PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Blackbird's thrust question
View Single Post
Old 31st Jan 2013, 13:16
Lyman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi Brian

The disconnect is most clear. I have a point of view. The reality as I see it is the function, not the name.

The title does not matter to me so much as it matters to you.

To be Precise. The owner of the patent knows his work. He has assigned two titles to it. One title is informal, the other official.

I will continue to refer to it by its officially recognized title. I am less insistent in its title than in its function, which you seem to be disconnected from, as you refuse to discuss the machine on its merits.

I am not being unreasonable. I wish to discuss the function, the purpose, and the theory. The name has caused some interest in the discussion. At every turn, you jump in, get excited, and focus on the progenitor of the interest, instead of recognizing the worth of the give and take.

If I have been guilty of that, I apologize. I acknowledge the statement you make.

A Ramjet system has no mechanical compressor. A true statement. The argument should be about why Abernethy calls his invention a partial ramjet.

The tension should be between the official rule for Ramjets and the inventors apparent dismissal of it.

There be the treasure...

Be well...