PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Sheffield City Airport Petition
View Single Post
Old 31st Jan 2013, 12:56
pug

Received 89 Likes on 53 Posts
Aviation Consultant? ... Now you make me laugh ... In a previous life I went self-employed as an aviation consultant and, at one point, I found myself on contract to BAe Systems working alongside a BAe employeee who had, himself, applied and been accepted for a position within BAe as an aviation consultant and he questioned of me what an aviation consultant actually does? ... "It can mean anything you want it to mean and should not be taken too seriously" I explained to him.
Exactly..

They tried a Sheffield City Airport and it was a money loser, it simply wasn't viable.
So are most airports as stand alone operations. Lets close them all.

I find it somewhat questionable to believe that "Royal Dutch Airlines" that owns and/or has shares in two Schiphol Handling Agents and/or owns or has shares in such airlines, past and present, as Netherlines, NLM, Martinair and Transavia, to name but four, should need to chop routes to/from it's home base 10 or 12 runway airport, that may use 4 runways, 2 each for take-offs and landings, consecutively, due to any restriction of airport capacity ... I just find it questionable to believe!
That was the exact reason given by KLM Uk at the time of their reshuffle. This also included the cuts in frequencies on a number of their UK routes by upto 50%.

I take it you wont be visiting this thread any longer, having put Sheffield City Airport to bed and all...