PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Sheffield City Airport Petition
View Single Post
Old 31st Jan 2013, 12:38
Phileas Fogg

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pug,

I find it somewhat questionable to believe that "Royal Dutch Airlines" that owns and/or has shares in two Schiphol Handling Agents and/or owns or has shares in such airlines, past and present, as Netherlines, NLM, Martinair and Transavia, to name but four, should need to chop routes to/from it's home base 10 or 12 runway airport, that may use 4 runways, 2 each for take-offs and landings, consecutively, due to any restriction of airport capacity ... I just find it questionable to believe!

Aviation Consultant? ... Now you make me laugh ... In a previous life I went self-employed as an aviation consultant and, at one point, I found myself on contract to BAe Systems working alongside a BAe employeee who had, himself, applied and been accepted for a position within BAe as an aviation consultant and he questioned of me what an aviation consultant actually does? ... "It can mean anything you want it to mean and should not be taken too seriously" I explained to him.

Please try to get over it ... They tried a Sheffield City Airport and it was a money loser, it simply wasn't viable.