PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Sheffield City Airport Petition
View Single Post
Old 31st Jan 2013, 11:54
pug

Received 89 Likes on 53 Posts
PF, as has already been posted. KLM did not pull out due to aircraft performance issues. It was in fact as a result of a slot issue at Schipol meaning a 'last in first out' policy was implemented. A number of regional airports were subject to frequency cuts at the same time.

Had an independent enquiry concluded that the airport was a lame duck then there would be no argument. However, a number of discrepencies exist, not least that the aviation consultant that contributed to the 2005 report, also contributed to a report a few years earlier with a completely different outcome.

I'm not putting words in anybodys mouth. I think this is my main point and one that has been ignored for some reason, that is there are people with money and commercial accumen in talks with the landowners with a view to investing £millions into reopening the facility.

I just find it a bit strange that people posting on a forum could somehow try to undermine their position without even knowing who these people are. Or that these people would make the time and effort without even having some sort of plan in place.