PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Angle of Attack rule of thumb
View Single Post
Old 6th Feb 2003, 18:30
DustDevil

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool

Mad Scientist
I used Clift-alpha and Cdrag-alpha curves. This datas come from Xplane simulator, wich looks like MS Flight Simulator, but more realistic in plane modelization. Xplane enables user to create its own flying machine : use predefined airfoil, engine, dimension of fuselage... Xplane analyse aerdynamic and physical behaviour of your creation and then you can fly with. That's why Xplane uses this method of computing independant elements of plane for flight model.

I will try to study in details aerodynamic derivatives of aircraft, and know more about empiric datas. In particular independance beetwen flight parameters, wich is very mysterious for me. I also looked at aircraft 's aerodynamic websites listed in "useful websites reference " thread. there are a lot of polar curves on http://www.nasg.com/afdb/list-airfoil-e.phtml, but don't known wich has been used for airbus a320, and if there are on this site. A lot of work for me now !

Fergal20, if you are interested, i could email you pseudo-code or the flight model part of my program in C++. you can email me at
[email protected] .