PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Non type rated 737NG Low hour first officers
Old 31st Jan 2013, 08:38
Boing7117

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Read the advert again MH / Skyhigh86

It doesn't say anything about it being a UK operator.

It's a company operating in Europe and Canada that is planning to, or already has bases in the UK.

I've done my bit of google searching and come up with my short list of who it might be, but since all will be revealed in the next few weeks if you're successful in your application, why ruin the surprise!?

And as for those who think this opportunity is far too good to be true, it shows just how far this industry has fallen when an opportunity offering a pilot a reasonable salary (albeit reduced) on the basis of a type rating included is viewed by many as too good to be true.

We've been brainwashed by the orange 'n the Irish brigade into believing the only way in to this industry, or climbing that greasy pole is to pay your own this, that, and the other and then accept a flexi contract or self employed pay-as-you-go "agreement" (best word I can think of because neither could be classed as a "deal")

Lets not forget the UK market is predominately cashing in on the training for LHS and RHS positions. And there are others in the world doing the same. But not EVERY airline is at it.

There's certainly no harm in applying and perhaps this might just be one of them rare opportunities that comes along once every blue moon, less cynicism required here until one is in possession of ALL the facts, and a bit more of an eyes wide open approach perhaps?