PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aussie Visiting Vancouver area info please
Old 31st Jan 2013, 02:43
mostlytossas

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Aussie Visiting Vancouver area info please

Hi fellow aviators in Canada. My partner and I are going to take a vacation in the Vancouver BC area later this year (following a cruise to Alaska) mid August to mid September. I have never flown in your fair country before but am told it is quite an experiance. I have discovered to get my Australian licence validated for Canada is quite easy and straight forward but that is only part of the preparation for doing so. Can you recomend any aircraft hire companies or clubs etc that would likely hire me something for a few days?
I only need a basic C172 or Piper PA28 etc. I have 30+ years experiance and over well over 1000hrs so not a novice. Also it would be very handy for familiarisation purposes to get hold of some charts,VNC's,VTA's,and a Flight Supp, (we call them ERSA's) for the area. As they all have a limited life I was wondering if someone could mail me their recently expired ones for me to get up to speed with,(yes I know I will need buy current ones when I arrive). I am happy to send you my expired Aussie ones in return should you find them interesting.
PM me if you wish or if you can help. Thanks in advance.