PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Senate Inquiry, Hearing Program 4th Nov 2011
Old 31st Jan 2013, 01:49
my oleo is extended

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mr Kharon, I believe you to be correct. The ATSB does have an inner core that are bursting to be break free of the Beakerology that has been inflected upon them in recent years. Those people can only do what they are permitted to do, even if it includes sitting by as the upper echelon put a red pen through their investigation reports and insist that they are diluted to worthless pieces of paper.

And I must agree that a higher level of inquiry that goes beyond the Senate is desperately needed. The answers are out there, but who wants to sacrifice their careers and the livelihood of their families in the pursuit of truth? Not many bold souls, and that is fair enough. A royal commission would see all stones overturned and an assortment of evidence providers brought to the fore, some willing and some by chain and hook.

I know that out there in aviation land will be an ATSB investigator who has kept his original notes, concerns, drafts and final report, before it was 'modified' by the upper echelon.
I know that out there somewhere are the auditors from the 'CASA Special Audit' of Pelair. They too would have transcript, evidence, and the draft version of their initial report.
I know that out there are the audit team who undertook the general audit of Pelair, they too would have copies of what was handed to their seniors and what actually made it into the mainstream.
These people are the keys to unlocking the 'mystique' of CASA and ATSBeakers actions in all of this. But they too would be held at the mercy of senior management, hence the need for a robust inquiry.

So again dear Senators, it's over to you. You hold the keys to the chest full of treasures, will you unlock it?

Last edited by my oleo is extended; 31st Jan 2013 at 01:51.