PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Senate Inquiry, Hearing Program 4th Nov 2011
Old 31st Jan 2013, 00:13
Kharon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A Fifth column – perhaps.

A coffee and 5 minutes to mull over Ben's latest provokes some interesting thoughts; like I wonder if there is still a "real", old ATSB struggling to get out from under the pile of dross CASA have left them saddled with. The ATSB were always a well respected, world class operation and very few of the main players have changed in the engine room. Some of the 'old school' must be tearing their hair out, but I expect protecting the family rice bowl must come above professional pride and integrity. Whilst it's an understandable position, the aftertaste must be grim.

Perhaps the Senate could dig some of them out and find out exactly what happened with not only the Pel Air investigation but with a few of the other stinkers laying about, Hempel, Canley Vale etc. etc. etc. I believe permanent protection would be available under privilege; any future threats could be passed off as revenge for spilling the beans. QED.

A worrying thing is the time and money required to get 'proper' legal opinion on the 'legality' of the CASA operations with PA. Someone has shot from the hip again only this time, shot their foot off. The question as to whether due process under the Investigation manual and the TSI act was followed is worthy of some serious consideration. Clearly the outcome was pre defined, pre ordained by the gods and executed by the willing accomplice – no question there. Then the deeply hidden first agenda is revealed then the 'amazing' back flip, then the ATSB joining in. Who was the masked man with a smoking gun and only one foot? Bet a dollar he was not wearing a hood or a mask at the time.

Lots of lovely big fat legal issues right there, the legal fandango on the extremes of the law begs so many questions I doubt that simply grilling a few of the top dogs will divine the truth. We need to see managers, auditors, FOI and IIIA investigators, under oath giving their version of events. That would clear some of the deckchairs which cannot any longer support the arses, large and small stuck there.

Did I mention managers ?– I believe I did.

Last edited by Kharon; 31st Jan 2013 at 00:19. Reason: Sponsored by the GWM Bag snatchers union.