PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - where should i do my ppl?
View Single Post
Old 8th Mar 2002, 01:48
chrishowley

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sorry to disagree with you DB6 (I don't want it to become a regular occurance disagreeing with you on pprune!) However: . .. .My trust in the magazines fell drammatically after I read an article praising a school in the US which I did some flying with. The article did not reflect my experiences at all and made me wonder whether the school had made it worth the student's while to write a good article. Incidentally it happens to be the same school which Capt Pprune himself holds in low regard! . .. .I'm sure the pros and cons of training in the UK have been more than adequately explored here previously but to add my 'umble opinion - don't forget the issue of bad weather which tends to add lengthy times to ppl courses in the UK. Problem is that if you have a spell of bad weather and can't get out for a while, when you get back in the plane you spend all your time re-acclimatising and revising old skills. . .. .If you are anywhere near Leeds/Bradford. Check out Leeds Flying School. Multiflight are also worth a look. Talk to the students to get the real truths.. . . . <small>[ 07 March 2002, 21:49: Message edited by: ExiledTyke ]</small>