PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Iberia to Lose 4500 jobs - 25 airframes
View Single Post
Old 30th Jan 2013, 11:50
BBK

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
JT

I wouldn't normally interrupt a private spat between BA pilots and cabin crew but as an english chap I should point out that the use of the title "Sir" does not necessarily mean that the person referred to is knighted eg as in letters to newspapers generally begin with: " Sir,....". In similar vein if I write "Dear Sir/Madam.." then I am not assuming that the former is knighted or that the latter runs a house of ill repute.

Also, with reference to your earlier post it is take on board not take in board as you have written.

Regarding people who may wish to contribute for whom english is not a first language then perhaps you should not be discussing a foreign airline. I am not defending the views of WW but I do believe there are important issues at stake not just for Iberia crews but all european crews.

If the low cost sector expands at the expense of a traditional, former flag carrier, then it further erodes the terms and conditions for the rest of us. In that vein I fully supported the Open Skies campaign and helped pay for it with my BALPA subs. As far as the BA cabin crew dispute then I will not comment as I do not have the knowledge to do so. However, it did occur to me and some of my colleagues that the strike breaking tactics so perfected against BASSA may be use against BALPA one day.