PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airbus 320 type rating & 500 hours of Line training Rate of success??
Old 30th Jan 2013, 11:17
truckflyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
veetwo -

Very true what you say, now I have avoided getting into debts for the flying, but it really does not add up anymore.

However if you do try to tell people another story than the one they have been told in those glossy flight brochures, the dream they are still holding on to, is being shot to pieces, by the money they are themselves willing to spend, to try to get an advantage and a job!

Let's get it straight, many pilot's who already have the golden-lifestyle have themselves jumped on the gravy train, so for them it is in their self-interest to continue feeding the dream!

When I look at guys at my company, with the level of experience they have on type, I ask myself, how come they still here?
The reason my friends is blowing in the wind, it's cash from mummies/daddies making sure some wannabes rather get the slave contract instead of the people with the experience!

Here is the nature of business, when they know you are willing to accept bad TC's from the start, this does not stop, of course a few will manage to escape to some of the better companies, but most who do manage to get in, will be working their A's off for peanuts, because that's what you get, monkey's, when you pay peanuts!