PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ATSB report just published on A320 throttle asymmetry incident
Old 30th Jan 2013, 04:50
my oleo is extended

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
To many contenders for the 'chocolate frog award'.

Jack, you are correct. They WERE a good non political outfit. They would act and report independently, and they sure as hell had the respect of those of us on the industry.
But under Albanese we have seen Beaker appointed as Comissioner at ATSB, the Skull at CASA (along with the rise of Aleck), and Russell at ASA (and now Staib). If you want Swiss cheese then look no further. These 3 aviation bodies have imploded and melted like Danish butter ever since bureaucracy got in the way of safety. The appointment of these type of individuals into executive roles has seen a rapid deterioration in the safety and core functions of these individual silo's.
Not a week goes by when we at the coalface don't see a further erosion of safety and standards at the hands of a disconnected spreadsheet monitoring, budget focused, spin doctoring group of magicians.

Well the act is up, the mystery, the mystique, the masquarades, the pony tricks, the disappearing act, the sock puppets and smoke and mirrors has been exposed for all to see. It's up to the Senators whether the magic game will continue or whether a giant carving knife will be taken to the top layers of the rotten cake and the rancid rot will be thrown away.

Last edited by my oleo is extended; 30th Jan 2013 at 05:11.