PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Door Opening In flight
View Single Post
Old 29th Jan 2013, 21:00
FlyingKiwi_73

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi chaps, good pick i am a 160 hour PPL 5 months out from my first BFR i have around 80 hours PIC most of that X-Country an in a variety of air frames.

@ Fujii The 'suction'is the only way a can describe the difficulty in shutting the door as the air movement nearly made it impossible to do so with out really reducing power and speed (went down to about 2000 rpm and slowed to 70 knots)

Vents closed and CV window open would have helped and the POH was in the seat back behind me so, i didn't panic but i didn't do everything right either.

@Mad Jock, good memory buddy ....that spider was huge.. and on my hand.

@Flyingkiwi, Hi! and no, no noise. The gap as about half an inch could clearly see the blue through it. no noise at all and i don't have an ANR headset. I had both vents open full in the aircraft as it was very hot, probably why i didn't notice the airflow.

I attempted to close the door as i was concerned about the Pax getting freaked out, we had a ways to go to the destination and a ways to go back i was not quite at the half way mark but close to.

Next time i'll leave it alone...but i do know i can do it,.. and i can fix the &%#$#$ piper latch with my fingers.

Last edited by FlyingKiwi_73; 29th Jan 2013 at 21:06.