PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Responding to boy racers
View Single Post
Old 6th Feb 2003, 13:20
chubbs

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Callyoushortly - thanks for taking the time to reply. Firstly I don't want to nit pick but I would disagree with your assertion that the other aircraft was "always going to be number one". Your colleague clearly only advised us the order had changed after pushing by the other crew. But that really is not the point.

Having been going in and out of your airfield for over 15 years I am well aware thanks of how you you operate and your airspace limitations. I didn't have any problem with your controller - my gripe was with the crew on the other aircraft. Having been advised to keep a speed I do consider it unprofessional of them to question it not once but twice. When did the Wild West come to aviation? Do you honestly want us to barter for priority when we first check in with your approach?

From an operating perspective, what is clever about thundering in with wings glowing and then hanging on the speedbrake? I bet that impresses the passengers no end.

No, I am afraid I am not impressed by crews who are pushy in order to get in front of others. They should be ignored instead of being encouraged. Why the hell can't they queue up gracefully like the rest of us?

Topofthestack - yes I have visited West Drayton - I have the greatest respect and would heartily recommend such visits.

SECs Machine - you've won - but only a fiver!