PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pilots looking for PA-34 DGCA QUESTIONS
View Single Post
Old 29th Jan 2013, 14:47
cyrilroy21

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
KARAN

I am actually quite surprised at your case since VP Singh on the other hand would tell everyone that since you are endorsed on the mutli on your foreing license you wont have to give tech specific exam .

I am guessing the reason he AV asked you to give the tech specific was because he issued you a DGCA CPL Single Engine only and once you are a DGCA CPL holder you have to give the tech specific exam
I have also seen AV not issue Single Engine IR if you apply for both Multi and Single IR .

Anyway he is not in the licensing dept anymore .

This CAR was only published on the 15th of May 2012 . After clearing the tech specific exam you could have gone abroad and given the checks

Even though the CAR says that you can do the tech exam conducted by the flight school abroad . When you apply for the license the DTL will just sit on your application ( depending on the licensing officer at the time ) and wont accept or reject your application until you pass the DGCA exam.

I have been telling all my friends who are converting their licenses to give the multi tech specific exam ( since the flow chart asks PASS RESULT OF TECH SPECIFIC EXAM )
Not needed for Single since it does not ask that in the flow chart .