PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Wannabes is the most negative place on the internet
Old 7th Jan 2002, 13:42
Wee Weasley Welshman

Received 243 Likes on 92 Posts
Well acually a dissproportinate number of Wannabes around these parts are Irish in my experience of dealing with their email.

Things are very bad in UK aviation hiring right now. This state of affairs arrived upbruptly and enexpectedly. Its arrival has caused immense heartache, misery and worry to thousands of people in the industry and waiting to enter it.

It is therefore entirely appropriate that one of the functions of the Wannabes Forum is to provide a shoulder to cry on. Many people draw comfort and solace in knowing that they are not the only one in a sticky situation (see p.2 of the Gandalf thread). Others use the forum to keep each other up to date on a companies recruitment (the Brittannia thread).

Others, often myself, generate threads that try to qauntify the current state of the hiring market and when it will recover.

You could argue that these kinds of threads are 'negative'.

I disagree. I think this period post Sept 11th will prove to be the Wannabes Forum finest hour. Since its inception the general line has been "come on in - the waters lovely". A few bits of advice about how to get a loan, how to choose a school, whether to go the States and just which sponsorship was starting up again next week were all that was required.

Providing support in the current climate and then passing on the hot gen as things improve will, in my opinion, take the Wannabes forum from the realm of somewhat handy to that of being an indispensable aid.

You are free of course to have your own opinion.

Kindest Regards,