PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Logging command time
View Single Post
Old 29th Jan 2013, 01:41
LeadSled

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Creamie,
In my view, the answer is yes, that you didn't get airborne isn't relevant.
Many years ago, this exact point came up in a matter involving my then employer.
We pushed back in YSSY, departure just before curfew. On taxi we had a windscreen shatter, mine as it happened, RHS at the time. Trip went out next morning with a new windscreen and crew.
An examiner of airman (as they were then) questioned the company records, which show blox to blox as flight time, and also a debit of crew duty time against the hours remaining for the month.
After an exchange of correspondence, including from the company lawyers, the authority(can't even recall what it was called at the time) legal department confirmed that the company interpretation was correct. We all received a personal letter from the authority confirming we had not breached the law.
The only change I can recall in the rules for logging, in all the years I have been flying, was the change made to what constituted ICUS, probably 25-30 years ago.
What CASA requires (unless, like some airlines, the is an instrument in place to comply with ICAO Annex 1) is non-ICAO.
When the only "official" logbook was produced by the Cth. Government Printer, all the rules were on the inside front cover, and there was never an issue about "how to do it".
Tootle pip!!
PS: There were a couple of minor changes, one that comes to mind was a rehash that clarified who could log PIC when two pilots were flying together and it wasn't a designated crew.

Last edited by LeadSled; 29th Jan 2013 at 01:41.