PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - PRESTWICK
Thread: PRESTWICK
View Single Post
Old 28th Jan 2013, 21:39
GlasgowBoy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ScotsSLF:

Rumour is that a new owner for PIK will be announced in a fortnight. No other info on who potentially this may be.
Mr Curry? At least buy acquiring PIK he'll have something genuinely meaningful and worthwhile to spend his time on; rather than constantly bleating about how big bad GLA has "stole" business from rival airports...yadda yadda...

Absolutely pathetic to be perfectly frank. The tiresome and petty complaining JC displays shows a lack of basic common sense. Imagine a business securing business and airports poaching from other airports.

I didn't see an outcry when LGW poached Air Asia & Air Berlin from STN. Or, and let us use an example much closer to home, EDI winning the AC Rouge business that GLA was in the running for.

I know that if I'm lucky enough to reach the grand old age of 75, I won't be so bitter and poisonous. Certainly not over something as trivial about an airport securing a new route!

Anyway, on to something actually worth talking about. Prestwick.

Wonder if the new buyer will close the loss-making pax division and focus on developing the maintenance/training etc sort of things.

Whatever happens, and I genuinely mean this (as a GLA staff member), I wish my PIK counterparts the very best of luck over the coming weeks/months/years. Hopefully y'all find steady and secure jobs IF that need arises