PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Low-cost operator incapacitation
View Single Post
Old 28th Jan 2013, 21:11
Alexander de Meerkat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sadly, there is a culture of fear that extends to even the hallowed corridors of PPRuNe. A number, but not all, of the mods here are terrorised by threats from Ryanair about legal action over 'libellous' comments. Generally speaking, Ryanair is extremely sensitive to any suggestion that their operation may have safety lapses or failings. One of the ways that appears to manifest itself is a constant huffing and puffing of their legal department towards popular sites such as Av Herald or PPruNe. Other airlines somehow seem to manage to avoid all that. I cannot remember, for example, the last time that British Airways was in the news over negative safety comments (maybe the C4 drink and flying fiasco), but I certainly know they go to extraordinary lengths to ensure that their aircraft have enough fuel on board and are flown with minimum risk at all times. I can only commend such a safety culture, and am naturally drawn to airlines with so evident a policy. Call me old fashioned, but I am not drawn to airlines who feel the need to constantly engage in litigation to defend their safety record (not naming any names obviously in order to avoid offence among those of a sensitive disposition).