PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - PPL/Hour Building ATPL Australia
View Single Post
Old 28th Jan 2013, 16:46
09GregRoy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cheers for the reply, Yes it is a bit of an after-thought but I had planned on doing my Hour building in Australia.

As I see it I have been working in the UK and trying to fund flying for over 2 years since competing my solo and havn't logged any hours which is starting to concern me. Having done a fair amount of research it looks like a couple of years in Australia would enable me to gain my PPL and build the hours so that I could return to the UK at the age of 21 and begin the ATPL ground studies while working to fund the next stages of training.

As far as funding the trip goes. I have a fair amount saved up to support my travels and first few months in Australia.

I am looking into working behind a bar or similar during the week/weekends and flying & studying during the day. Initially I plan on staying a year but if I require longer than I will do a stint of fruit picking etc in order to gain another years working visa to complete the hour building.

Fantome, thanks for the email I have replied and tips, pointers would be a huge advantage.

Could anyone advise if I could send over my current AFE PPL Books and use them for the ground school study in Australia? I know the exam is different over there but surely all the same rules apply, especially regarding Met, nav, aircraft performance etc?

Many thanks,

Greg