PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - FlyBe axing jobs
View Single Post
Old 28th Jan 2013, 10:27
CheekyVisual

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Having been through this process myself, twice in the last few years ! I have a genuine concern that fly be are making the same mistake a few other companies that are no longer with us made. That is , if we cut a few aircraft a few routes a few pilots a few cabin crew a few engineers and a few office staff the company will suddenly become profitable. This knee jerk cutting in search of a core business that is profitable virtually never works especially if the company has underlying business problems, which reading other posts may be the case.

The manager giving the brief will always say this is vital for the company to survive and after we do it all will be well. It's not. it's just the easiest way for poor managers to keep the accountants and creditors happy for six months until they come looking for more cuts. Then the same process happens again to no ones surprise except those managers !

I really hope I'm wrong but it all looks and sounds horribly familiar. Good luck to all my friends and former colleagues I know how you are all feeling, it's a horrible time and I wish you all the best.

Last edited by CheekyVisual; 28th Jan 2013 at 10:30.