PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas Engineering redundances - Advice required!!!
Old 28th Jan 2013, 08:12
sniggiH

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smart Management

Greater team,

In sydney maybe you need to get someone like me to run your port like i do here in Cairns. I have managed to pull the wool over G.H's eyes for years.

As our work keeps reducing (some nights we don't even have an aircraft for the whole shift) i have managed to keep my station manpower the same,even more importantly i have kept my dmm's position along with my subordinate notseW. G.H has assured my employment no matter what happens.

Most weeks we manage to invent an article for the engineering weekly to illustrate how busy we are ,but i usually delegate the sending of emails because that task is well below me.

I recently distributed an email boasting station OTP (on time performance) and the closure of Maintenix packages before departure. Perth have slipped and had a couple of aircraft depart with packages open .

Here in Cairns we are 100% no aircraft have departed without closing the maintenix package ,but it's all about how you sell it though because we don't do A330's so therefore have never opened any Maintenix packages.

Perth really need to pick their act up, maybe i could sort that station out too.