PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Best way to become a commercial pilot?
View Single Post
Old 27th Jan 2013, 15:03
RichardH

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
pjharb best of luck with your dreams.

As an instructor with the Air Training Corps it certainly isn't a club, yes they do other activities eg. sports but you don't have to join in with them (I didn't) it is mostly aviation and LEADERSHIP related. I think you missed an opportunity here but you are now too old. (mentioned to put the record straight). I agree that having NO flying or related experience is not going to help your cause with the Air League or GAPAN.

If you are following any dream there will be lots of people saying it can't be done, usually the ones closest to you. However painful this might be you must politely ignore them. Stop listening to other people and do your own research from quality sources but beware of sales bull**** and the "pilot shortage" con.

I too went into computing before my commercial licence and I urge you to stick at it. Well paid, relevant in the modern world and I have always advocated a back-up plan with aviation.

There are no proper "sponsorships" any more, money up front or bonds are NOT sponsorships, so use your computing skills to get a well paid job and follow the "modular" route (flogged to death on forums).

Go and get a class one medical at Gatwick asap, without it no commercial and glasses within certain limits are acceptable, it's the air force that is fussy about glasses.