PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Can I have some advice please?
View Single Post
Old 6th Feb 2003, 01:01
c_kraig

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
well done mate.

Half baked. I have to say that you sure do have head on your shoulders. I have one suggestion for you to save a good bit of money. Get your training in the USA. I know that the Japs come here to learn how to fly so they can fly gliders back home. Your standard Private Certificate will run about 3500-4000 american dollars. The onto your intrument and commercial will run about additional 5000 dollars, then you have to get a mulit-engine ratinge with the intrument/commercial add on and that can run some where between 1500-2500 depending where you go. I can give you a place here in california where the guys won't rip you off and you are withing the reach of a good job that may pay between 10-15 dollars per hour and there are schools all around. If you are really focused which it appears that you will not have a problem with you could do it within a year. A training aircraft like a cessna 150 is about 65 an hour wet and 172s go for 80 an hour and the instructor is about 25-30 an hour. Really you get two hours of instruction for the price of one becuase you get the ground school which is about an hour and then the flying which usally lasts about an hour. so you can do pretty good. besides, flying in Southern California is great. We get all kinds of weather and sometimes it is challanging. Just like on PPrune where you are showing you screen name you have to do the same on the fields.
I know that it is tough in the UK for the flying public and the commercial pilot, but here in the US we love you guys. So let me know if you would like to have the name of the flight school that I went to and a name of the instructor who helped me with my Commercial. He is the best one eyed pilot that I have ever seen. I am not saying that there are a lot of them here but still. Good string kid.