PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cessna 100 and 200 SIDS
View Single Post
Old 27th Jan 2013, 09:10
Clearedtoreenter

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mid 70's, 11,000 hour Aerobat eh? Only just over a third of its life in SIDs terms then I'd love one of those. I learned on one when it was quite young. Really nice with the 130HP. I'd hate to think it had been doing what my instructor did to it every day for the last 40 years and gone through 40 cold, damp British winters though.

Looks like the old girl might still be going well... still in the same school 35 years later and must have something in the teens of hours by now!

Photo Search Results | Airliners.net

Still, if its not gone through SIDs and the wings have fallen off it would be a pity.

I'd bet its all fine though and they haven't and if it does die it won't be SIDs that kills it. I'd doubt theres any evidence whatsoever in risk management terms to suggest that this lawyer driven program has made any contribution to increased safety. What's even more silly is that the Cessna 182 maintenance manual revision of July 2012 seems to say it all has to start at 500 hours or 5 years... so in theory, even restart Cessnas are due for for a $20,000 pull apart from next year. Great work for LAMEs!