PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Dreaming of flying a jet (specially to you older guys!)
Old 26th Jan 2013, 15:27
truckflyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bealzebub - I do know that some of the advice you give might be good and useful for some!
Why you are going about tigers or watches, I am not sure, just because I said I had an expensive watch on my wrist!!!

However as you explain yourself, you have 35 years experience in this business, of course that does count for something,

You are referring to me in an extremely condescending matter, and referring to me as stupid, and I know your kind, the type that think they have achieved total enlightenment, and full knowledge, a regular know-it all!

The reason I know you are so wrong in many things, is that I have first experience, and yes, this message is warning, but of course it also shows a success story, even if it in total adds up to complicated maths and diverse feelings over the whole industry and the job!

It's impossible for somebody living the 5 star lifestyle that is left a few places, to be able to understand how todays reality is, even if you never suger-coat your stories, there is still lacking a real life experience that will tell it like it really is!
This is what I have tried to do!

Now you say your 35 years of experience must count for something, sure it does, but does not my or others life experience, even if not in aviation also count for something, do you think aviation is an unique boy club mentality, that has rules so different that others are not able to understand!

If you read my previous emails, I have never mentioned tiger trainer, you seem obsessed with this guy, I believe you have mentioned this in the past! I previously experience both as an army officer, HGV driver, and ran several own companies, having people work for me and had the pleasure to travel all over this world, without being a pilot!

Anyway, this not about my life-story, it is about life and flying - I am sure you are trying your best to help and explain, and for some I am sure you do help, but your view is not the only right view, your view is not always the correct view, and I know by personal experience!

People on these forums are seeking a selective truth, that will their own reasoning for taking this gamble, and trying to become a pilot!

And sure if you search these forums long enough, you will find somebody that agrees with your thought, or thinking!

I would quote Robert Frost:
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I --
I took the one less travelled by,
and that has made all the difference