PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RAF Sharjah
Thread: RAF Sharjah
View Single Post
Old 26th Jan 2013, 14:23
SAROSKEETERMAN

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Kalba.

Thanks for that 'navstar.' I had alook on GE and see it is quite a distance from Dibba or Masafi. I see I have the flying time, Dibba - Sharjah as 45min, so I think this would have ruled out a flyover of the strip and of course I didn't see any coast after leaving Dibba. Perhaps I misheard the chatter on the intercom. If you want a full size copy of XM291 at Dibba please PM me. I have "Flt/Lt Davies" down as the pilot for the flight to Al Khatt below! I assume that is the 'JD' who you are talking about?

'brakedwell,' here is my photo of XM 959 at Al Khatt - 6 years later than yours on 11.3.66 - Can't beat B & W for capturing the atmosphere, eh.

Also a photo of what I believe to be the vegetable farm seen on approach to the strip. It was the only bit of greenery for miles around!

Finally, did 'capot' mean that the serial appeared to be upside down on brakedwell's photo of XM959. Officially of course it's only readable on the stbd wing as it's approaching and the port wing when flying away......but I have known them to get it wrong on occasions!!