PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Dutch TV reports on 'Ryanair pilots denominated alarm over safety'
Old 26th Jan 2013, 14:00
RAT 5

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
"In return, some of RYR pilots are the best paid pilots in the world. Those on the older contracts will receive in the order of €130,000 to €150,000 this year."

I really don't think so. As you yourself said there is NO company or state pension, sick pay, holiday pay, hotel provided, transport provided: you pay for your sim checks & do unpaid SBY's away from home etc. etc. Friends on the inside say there has been no pay rise for 5 years and current contract rates have gone down. Hours are not guaranteed and so income fluctuates wildly. These stated facts, even some by yourself, contradict your other statement. Your only mitigating circumstance is if that quoted gross figure is net, which it is not; and it also assumes 900hrs/pa, which I doubt very few do any where near, especially as 40% of the fleet is grounded every winter. Then with those sums perhaps you have enough funds to pay all the costs.