PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - I heard a rumour today...
View Single Post
Old 26th Jan 2013, 08:13
aroa

Received 43 Likes on 28 Posts
The UK experience...

I take it that it still happens, but when there/UK in the '60s a PPL with over 300 hrs could do an Instuctors Course of 20 hrs and be qualifed to pass on the basics....and get a job. More experienced Instructors and or DoT checked out the student after ? solo, to see that yr doing it right.

When back in the 'Land of the Living Dead', early 70s, I did broach this subject with a CAA? person, as I was unable to get a CPL due medical.
I had the hours, I'd like flying job. Is that a crime.? (Sorry PPL, Yes)

Apart from the guy nearly fainting at his desk at such an outrageous suggestion, shock, horror and dismay.! I left the building before the people in white coats came to take me away. Mmm.. NOT a positive reaction.

So if this is now on the "agenda" or just a "floating idea"..or, CASA, as a "small world leader" suddenly realising that there is a shortage of instuctors, when the outside real world has known it for years.
If so, it proves that all good things come to those who wait, and wait and wait...or die first. About 50 years... mmmm ..seems about right.

Is this a rock chucked into the pond from Ye Taske Force???
A "thought" bubble popped up from the sewerage pond?
Whatever.
And of course if CASA are claiming you can't do it for money..once again they are out of their tree..regulating commerce.

Jesus, once again..in the Classification of Operations policy 1997? was it.
" A profit can be made in ALL classes of operations"
Que ?
So its less safe if the poor PPL makes a dollar, even tho he/she is qualified to do the job.?
Using that logic heres a great idea!. DONT pay those SOBs in Fort Fumble and their "work" will be safer.