PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Delta Airlines B777 Divert to Ascension
View Single Post
Old 25th Jan 2013, 21:21
enicalyth

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ding ding

It was the incoming A330 referred to as the 0800 flight [ASI keeps Zulu time] which struck the parked B777. Hence the banter between FE and myself regarding the dings and references to Damian.

If you look at http://www.the-islander.org.ac/art_10511_16_0.html you will see the "stones" celebrating 1AMW in the foreground - that is Round Hill SH 449ft with the tower visible; South Gannet Hill is further on with VORTAC ASI.

I can think of better places to park than than where DAL left it! Shurely shome mishtake. And of course in come Hi Fly and it's time for tea and biscuits. Ah well, at least it was not an oggie who did it.

You made a good point back there a bit. When crossing N23 00.0 it is customary to call Ops c/s Haven. If you pass Dakar and Conakry without assurance that the runway is clear........ not pretty.

I won't get into this and that, its not the time and place but I have views on what constitutes "suitable". I will say I'd prefer to be a wee bit closer to Accra should it have happened to me.

Lovely place. I can hear the breakers thumping on Long Beach even now.