PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - PPL/Hour Building ATPL Australia
View Single Post
Old 25th Jan 2013, 18:18
09GregRoy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
PPL/Hour Building ATPL Australia

Hello,

Little bit of Background info. Currently 18 years old, started flying when I was 14 built up 30 Hours training for my PPL and managed to fly Solo at 16 & haven't flown since.

In March I am off Backpacking for 3 months with the Intention of returning to England. However my last stop is Australia and I have been thinking about applying for a Working visa and Finishing my PPL there as-well as Building the hours to start ATPL Course when I return to the UK after a Year or two.

I had considered going to Australia to do some hour building anyway but while I have payed to fly there I feel I may aswell make the most of being there.

I leave the UK in mid March so am basically working against the Clock trying to figure out if it's Possible with regards to Jobs, Rent etc. If it is Possible then it's something I definently want to go ahead with.

It would be great if anybody who has done what I am planning to do can suggest if it's a good idea and reccomend any Good flying Schools as there are hundreds to choose from.

Many thanks for taking the time to read this