PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Helicopter Crash Central London
View Single Post
Old 25th Jan 2013, 17:12
757hopeful

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The report makes for an interesting read. If I remember correctly there was 7 seconds between pb being told he was ok to head for battersea and the time of impact.

I would speculate that perhaps once he had heard he was ok to head that way. He may have begun pre landing checks and preparations. And was a tad occupied. Twinned with the very poor visibility (which I can attest as I drove down the very road around 2 hours before the incident), a set of very unfortunate circumstances ensued.

Again, my two pennysworth. Looks like the AAIB have recovered quite a lot of information in the bulletin. So with any luck the final report will be quite in depth.

From this we may be able to draw a few points which we can all learn from and keep us all safe when we're up there. From every accident something is learnt and aviation is made safer. It's just a shame there has to be an accident before the dangers are spotted.

I was quite interested in the parts of the report where it gave an estimate as to what height the collision happened

As a side note though. There is a lot of opinions and mud slinging happening in this thread which to be honest is of no relevance. Have the arguments via PM's chaps!