PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 2012 CTC OAA & FTE Graduates review
View Single Post
Old 25th Jan 2013, 16:53
The Dead Side

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think it's tricky and risky for those who still haven't found their first job, to comment on the quality of their flying school on such a high profile public forum.

Firstly, if they are relying on their FTO to provide careers services, the likelihood is they don't want to damage any chances (however unlikely) of getting put forward for any jobs, by slandering the quality of their training, online.

To that end FANS, I imagine you'll only receive feedback from those who already have jobs and after 6 sectors still have the sense (or quite the contrary) to come and read the futile arguments posted here on PPRuNe.

Secondly, the experience of going through an integrated flight school holds a lot of personal value. Therefore, I doubt graduates are too inclined to give away such information on public forums. Compare it to posting a thread with the title 'Airline Chief Pilots Post Your Details Here', it's unlikely you'll get many responses. However if you were to ask 'are there any graduates who would be able to answer a couple of questions over PM' there's a fairly good chance you'd get some (and more importantly, honest) answers.

I doubt you'll get much feedback now you've expressed your opinion of the general population of graduate pilots in the manner you chose, but perhaps be less expectant and demanding in the future, it maybe the difference between pleasing a HR manager or p**ing-up an interview.