PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - new CAS
Thread: new CAS
View Single Post
Old 25th Jan 2013, 10:55
Backwards PLT

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey maybe he got the job because he was the best man for it?

What I find most irritating in these discussions is the naval attitude that "it is all the RAF's fault". The RN top brass are equally responsible - they overtly and covertly campaigned for the end of the RAF (far more serious than wanting to fly some aircraft, I suggest) and far worse they have spread their vitriol throughout the RN so that all the way down to Lt you get very anti-RAF sentiment based on a specific agenda that most know nothing about. It is a very sad sight that the RN has come to this and it isn't something the RAF does. If the 3 and 4 stars want to have a playground spat then let them, I suggest the rest of us just stay professional and get on with the job.

The final point is that we need to accept that we no longer have sufficient cash to buy a fleet of modern aircraft that will sit on a carrier and another fleet that will be land based. The F35s will have to be shared and be based where they are best suited for defence, not for single-service agendas.

ps is the Ferguson report freely available? If so could someone post a link if not can someone explain it further (including who Ferguson is, who commissioned the report, where it is now etc, not just the content). Thanks