PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ATSB report just published on A320 throttle asymmetry incident
Old 25th Jan 2013, 08:07
d_concord

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Scrubba,

I don't know what Rudder has in mind but being an Airbus trained TRE/TRI my view is that the SOP's call for a thrust set call by 80 its. If it isn't then a slow speed rejected takeoff would have been more appropriate and required by the SOP's otherwise why have the call in the first place.

From what I read, the Pilot under training was not with the aircraft even at this early stage and the training captain sitting there and hoping this would resolve itself by directions probably is a bit passive. While clearly the Training Captain knew that the thrust was at least forward of the detent and had at least the minimum power expected for this particular takeoff, the guy with his hands on the thrust levers had no idea.

While I clearly think that this takeoff should have been rejected. Another course of action given that the training captain was situationally aware of the power, was as Capt Bloggs indicates and that was to push the lever forward himself to TOGA ASAP and take over.

I have no idea how anyone can get Rotate out of GO TOGA but it does indicate that probably the guy under training was still trying to in fact figure out what was going on and was well behind the aircraft and this is the guy pulling the aircraft into the air!!

Bloggs you will love this aircraft. You just have to give up on Boeing and come across to the dark side!! (Sniggering aside they are really great)