PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Dumb arses and guns...
View Single Post
Old 25th Jan 2013, 02:34
AR1

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
I'm privileged to have some US relatives, and this has led to some interesting discussions.
I don't get the gun thing, I really dont. Sure when it was bandit country, but it's not. - Guns don't kill people they argue. Oh yes they do, They were designed for one purpose, and that's the purpose for which they're used and it's the reason why people have them 'to protect themselves' - If only (they said to me) Concealed permits were in that theater, the folks there would have dealt with him. Oh really? pitch dark, your engrossed in a movie and a shot rings out. Do you A: Hit the deck or B: stand up with the other 40 or so guns in the room and shoot who?

I had a discussion last week, where I asked a lady (after a protracted discussion) - Ok, let me transport you to a land where guns are banned. - Why would you need a gun?
Answer - Because he might have a knife.

That tells you all you need to know. The land of the free is a country haunted by fear - fear of itself. We can talk statistics all we like but it doesn't change that, and until it does, everyday we await the next nutjob who wants his inevitable death on the front pages with his victims.

In the meantime lets go near RAF Lyeneham in Wiltshire (Military aviation link folks...) Calne in Wiltshire to be exact, for the vision of a gun free world...

I understand larger caliber vegetables such as Cabbages are to be banned.

Turnip for the books as drive-by veg hurlers strike in Calne (From The Wiltshire Gazette and Herald)