PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CSA China Southern!
View Single Post
Old 25th Jan 2013, 02:06
Colocolo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
USMCprobe
If they have 1 runway they usually have 1 very hard working supertug pushing back all the airplanes on the airport, driving like a Chinese taxi driver between aircraft.
Would that be ZJSY?
You are correct, there are a few airports where this happens, but in general there are many tugs available and are all manned.
Commonly for a flight (1 aircraft) I have observed and counted ( to the best of my ability) at peak 23 to 25 persons "attacking" the aircraft. These people include mechanics (engineers), loaders, cleaners, gate agents, jet bridge driver, guards, servicing trucks, fueling personnel and assorted supervisors. The amazing part is that this is not only my aircraft being "attacked" but 6 or 8 other aircraft at the same moment.
Do not misunderstand me, I think it is great. But cannot recall (my memory fails sometimes) in the last 25 years seeing this on a daily basis in either the US or Europe.

Off subject. The size and quantity of new airports in this place is just incredible. Now, the "size" and "quantity" of pollution is outright frightening

Cheers

Colocolo