PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RAF Sharjah
Thread: RAF Sharjah
View Single Post
Old 24th Jan 2013, 23:12
SAROSKEETERMAN

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thankyou LG and leesaranda for those comments. I have ' place marked' Dibba, Masafi and Manama strips(see post 304) on GE and assuming we flew direct Dibba - Masafi we would have almost certainly have parallelled the strip before heading for Sharjah. So indeed it would be looking in a more easterly direction than I assumed. We arrived back at Sharjah at 1610 if that helps with the shadows in the Wadi's/ravines. What I can't quite get my head around is that my photo' looks completely different to the current Google Earth view which appears to show a very long strip with shallow(?) wadi's, whereas my old photo' shows a short strip with what looks like rather deep ravines either side and at the N end.
And what of the other strip we flew over between Dibba and Masafi which I noted as "Khiba(?)" It doesn't come up on GE so the spelling is obviously out somewhere. I can't remember but I think I must have been listening in to the pilot & nav to get all this info.' Could the strip have been lengthened at some time or have I got a photo' of this unknown 'Khiba' strip?