PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flying to Florida
View Single Post
Old 24th Jan 2013, 19:45
RaZoRR

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Flying to Florida

Hello,

Me and my family will be taking our first holiday outside the UK and we decided to go to Florida for my niece.

However, the problem is i'm not exactly a 'small person' as i'm fat. We will be flying with BA and AC (British Airways & Air Canada). I've been looking for information on these 2 airlines in regards to fat people but there's no information.

The seats on AC range from 17.38 inches to 18.65 inches. But not sure on the sizes of BA. I've heard that I would likely have to ask for a seat belt extension. I have roughly a 60 inch waist (about 27 - 28 stone. I know... I am trying to lose weight but it's hard.). I can fit on/in National Express (Stagecoach) coaches and the seat belt does go round me, just. I'm not sure how big National Express seats are but the coaches are made so they can fit as many people on as possible so I wouldn't think they would be any bigger than seats on planes. Probably smaller but with me not being on a plane before i'm not sure.

I don't want to ruin this holiday as we've been saving up for 5 years and I don't want to get to the airport and be told I can't get on the plane because A: I'm too fat or B: I need 2 seats but there aren't any. Plus our seats are together, with me sitting next to my niece who will be 6 when we go.

I just feel that this will be ruined for us because of me. Looking at pictures on google/youtube it does show some considerably 'big' people but that's not really anything to go on. Fat people do go on holiday, some even fattier than me without having 2 seats.

Any help or information would be great.

Kind Regards,
RaZoRR

PS: Sorry if this isn't the correct board, seemed like the only reasonable board to post in.