PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BIRMINGHAM - 5
Thread: BIRMINGHAM - 5
View Single Post
Old 24th Jan 2013, 18:41
OltonPete

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BE/BMIR/QR/FR

Quite a day then!

flybe is in GDS six a week E175 from 1st May I think.

My question is why now, when the previous "high cost" airline ended nearly 12 months ago and was regularly getting 75% load factors on a base fare of £149 and last minute ones which would normally get you half way round the world . Sometimes flybe drive you mad, I am not saying the route will work but if there was one route to try last summer, this was the one.

They are so conservative at times and then they take the plunge and possibly get upstaged.

BMIR

Great news but some caution, the last airline to GOT with a 49 seater...........
Toulouse tried several times by flybe but hopefully BMIR can develop this one and Lyon might be up against a flybe 175.

Ryanair - Obviously French week. On the topic of Pisa, this is another route that has failed to deliver at BHX, not quite on the lines of Cologne but My Travel Lite and FR have tried it and even before we get on to yields, load factors at best were average.

SOE - I don't think there is any secret in the fact Thomson pax are the high-spenders at BHX in summer (not sure about the more sedate winter time) and taking a hard-nosed view then you are probably right that a daily A330/767/757 to the Med is likely to yield more for the beancounters although I would imagine Qatar would help in many ways as well.

Also Qatar is probably the one potentially viable mid to long-haul route, which BHX can realistically expect at present.

Pete