PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Final reserve fuel by law or not
View Single Post
Old 24th Jan 2013, 13:33
Capot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks ....however that link is to the AMC for Part ARO, ie Authority requirements, not Operator requirements.

What we need is Decision 2012/017/R AMC and GM to Annex III (Part-ORO) to Regulation Air Operations and that is where I could not find anything about contingency, reserve, holding (ie search terms) fuel. Nor, of course in the Regulation and its Annexes itself.

A major contribution to reduction in aviation safety comes from the impenetrable, ridiculous, convoluted, repetitive and utterly daft way in which EASA structures and writes its regulations, the unacceptable time it takes to do it, and the absurdly PC processes for making the rules in the first place.

As an uinnecessary and additional layer of bureaucracy between ICAO and States, EASA serves only to confuse and muddle. If you think that its antics on Operations, Design and and Maintenance are bad, take my word for it that its attempts to seize control of aerodromes, for no good reason other than empire building, are far worse.

Sorry, rant over, I have to live with this stuff, and I've seen just how unfitted the rulemaking staff are for their tasks at several "Workshops" in Cologne on different subjects.