PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Dutch TV reports on 'Ryanair pilots denominated alarm over safety'
Old 24th Jan 2013, 12:43
justroll

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I finally took he effort to look at the two KRO video's since there was a sort-a-like cut/paste version broadcasted yesterday on commercial telly here in Belgium (VTM - not really cataloged as a quality station )

Anyhow , - as non pilot - I must say that after reading this thread I'm personnaly more disturbed about the ethics in RY than the fuel policy (which is a indirect results).

I'm a IT contractor, the difference between the contracting pilot @ RY is that they are forced in this way of worked, compared to me, it was a free a deliberate choice. All the hassle of running your own company, paperwork & deadlines for filling TAX reports etc.. might be exaggerated, although it does bring up some stress, and a pilot should be stress free (well at least before taking off). As a contractor I'm also paid by the performed working hour, my current customer is about 1H30 drive (one way), and when i'm sick, i'll stay at home, just in order not to risk anything. Since being in a hospital is "no pay", and it sure hell won't be for a few days.

I was going to book my regular annual trip from BRU to FAO ; but when hell brake loose about RY it made me thinking. I'm replanning my trip and thinking of choosing TAP for AMS -> LIS ; hoping that the pressure on pilots isn't there. (wishfull thinking?)

Do you guys experience that kind of "RY" pressure (bullying, intimidation, etc..) at your workfloor, and would you ever fly a plain when feeling not like it ? Or is this the broadcast a complete set-up and are RY pilots free to fly as like a "premium" airline ?