PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Zone Alarm woes
Thread: Zone Alarm woes
View Single Post
Old 24th Jan 2013, 09:25
rans6andrew

Received 15 Likes on 6 Posts
Zone Alarm woes

Last year the new version of Zone Alarm installed itself onto my Wid Vista machine. It insisted that I disable AVG as the new version has it's own antivirus built in and the two are incompatible with each other. So far so good.

Now, Zone Alarm is trying to do a further upgrade and during the process it requests permission to disable it's previous version. I give the permission and it downloads much stuff and start to install ..................................

About an hour later, when it has done a few percent of the task, it fails as it cannot disable the previous firewall version and the machine grinds to a complete halt until CTRL-ALT-DEL is used to restart it.

So, I am stuck with an out of date firewall and out of date anti-virus which keep flagging up. I'm not even sure if either is doing what they should be doing.

This process has happened a number of times in the last week. This combined with Adobe only half updating itself in a similar way means that the machine takes about an hour to power down when I request it switch off. "installing updates, don't power off 0% of 3 tasks complete".

Clearly it isn't getting anywhere fast, what should I do to help it along?

Rans6...