PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Dumb arses and guns...
View Single Post
Old 23rd Jan 2013, 21:44
finestkind

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts
AA totally correct hence the ref to cars/knifes etc is a moot point. The reason bows have not been banned is that to walk into a school/cinema/shopping centre and start shooting arrows has a) not occurred and b) highly unlikely to result in multiple deaths (meaning in excess of single digits), this being the main point.

Nice world record. I guess he just walked in and picked it up and "surprise surprise SGT Carter" shot off twelve in three seconds just like anyone could have.

The divergent from the core of this topic is quite interesting and to continue...

I know if my neighbour was in trouble I would assist. I do give a rats arse about other people (possibly a reason why the citizens of the USA demand the right to blow away anyone they feel justified in doing so and why there is so much discussion on this thread from non-US citizens) and respect there beliefs and rights (unless they decide not to honour the responsibility that comes with rights) of others.

Just like most people abhor the suicide bomber and terrorist for the indiscriminate murder of people most of us are stunned by the amount of massacres (particulary death of children) that occur in the States and wonder why it is just accepted as part of the right to bear arms.