PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - JCAB medical
Thread: JCAB medical
View Single Post
Old 23rd Jan 2013, 18:50
The Dominican

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My LASIK was the problem. There is a waiver, but the company didn't want to go through the trouble. I thought if I could do it on my own, and show them I have a medical, they might hire me then. I see they are still looking to fill the position.
Hum? I don't mean to sound negative, so if you can afford to spend the money on a medical, transportation, accommodation on the off chance that it may work for you, then give it a try. But I feel compelled to warn you that for what I have learned on my years here your chances are very low, just the fact alone that you are taking the medical in the US (even if it is a JCAB approved facility) will work against you, run the idea by the contract agency first to see what they think about your tactic, you might save yourself additional disappointment and some pesos. If you are still willing to make that investment, your chances will be better (not good, just better) that examination/waiver is in Japanese written by a Japanese doctor, even if both documents, one by an American doctor and one by a Japanese doctor, both certified by the JCAB and both documents saying exactly the same thing, it is not the same, You follow?

Haven said that, I admire the fact that you are a go get'r and wish you the best of luck, I sincerely hope that you would prove me wrong on this one.